Malware Wiki:Site policy
|This page is a policy on the Malware Wiki. All rules listed on this policy page must be followed, or a block is given to the following user. Due to this page being a Policy page, we advise all users to read this page before editing. |
- Do not vandalize or add gibberish to a page. First vandalization is a 1 week block, then a 1 month block, 1 year block, and finally a permanent ban.
- Do not remove warnings placed by admins on your wall. Doing so will only get you in more trouble.
- Do not create spam pages that are not built for mainspace.
- Do not participate in "edit wars". Edit wars shall be resolved by admins, Message Walls, chat, or in respective forums.
- Do not create useless and/or spam categories. Doing so will likely result in a ban.
- Refrain from making edits in a language other than English. If you want to make edits in other languages, do it in a Translation Wiki. If the language does not exist, ask an admin for permission to create a translation for said language. American English will be applied in this wiki.
- Do not remove deletion templates placed on pages. Only admins and moderators are allowed to do so; doing such can result in a ban.
- Do not edit another user's profile without their consent. If a user's profile page has been edited without their consent, they may file a complaint against the editor to an admin, and the admin will deal with it.
- Do not add malicious links to pages, or links to malware download sites. Doing so will result in a warning, than a 1 month block.
- User-made malware cannot be featured in an article, and articles cannot have links to user-made malware. Please do not create paragraphs in articles that contain something among the lines of "A malware known as [insert malware name here] also contains this payload."
- Should any of these images used in Malware Wiki belong to you, you may ask an admin to remove the image from Malware Wiki if you would not like for it to be used here.
If you would like to have your malware featured in this wiki, your malware must meet at least one of two requirements:
- Featured by a recognizable YouTuber
- Released into wild (Malware Wiki will claim no liability for damage caused by your malware)
- Do not bully or harass anyone.
- A user must be 13 or older to join. If a user is found to be under 13, they will be banned until their 13th birthday.
- Refrain from using profanity.
- Do not spam on other people's walls. This could include creating giant walls of text (usually over and over), posting nonsense such as 'uafcvbfske', or anything of this sort.
- Do not spam-ask for promotions.
- When creating a translation wiki, please ask an admin first.
- Do not create secondary accounts (sockpuppets) unless creating a bot.
- When creating a bot, you must ask an admin first.
|This text uses Creative Commons Licensed content from iCarly Wiki.|
Repeating one kind of offense after a ban expires will lead to the next ban being raised to the next level.
Three day long bans
- Making unneeded pages of fake viruses.
- Harassment. This includes:
- Insulting someone's race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other part of their person.
- Constantly picking fights with one specific person. If it is not clear WHO starts the fights, both will be blocked.
- Constantly butting in on discussions despite repeatedly being asked to stay out of discussions of a similar style.
One week bans
- Removing content from one or two pages.
- Using racial or homophobic slurs.
Three month bans
- Replacing content on pages with insulting phrases.
Six month bans
- Any continuous repeat offense from the three-month bans as listed will result in a six-month ban.
- If found guilty from lying about a severe health issue and/or death. The said user will be blocked for up to six months and the blogs, comments and such will be deleted immediately.
- Inserting sexually explicit images or text, or links to porn.
- Plagiarism of another user's blogs.
- User under the age of 13.